DIY Guide to Professional Musicianship

Do you play an instrument, sing or write songs? Would you like to get paid to do these things? I know I would. Good luck to you.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Get Your Music Out There

Here is a quick list of websites I have used to put my own music "out there:"

www.soundclick.com create a band profile, announce shows and other things, make friends with other artists. My favorite thing about this site is that it has charts to track song popularity. Although it isn't really an accurate gauge of how your songs might be viewed on a large scale, it is fun to see your song make it to the top of a chart. www.soundclick.com/readyornot - my old band.

www.purevolume.com like SoundClick, but better, in my opinion. I know more well-known bands on PureVolume. I have found some really good bands through this site. www.purevolume.com/paulbrodie - my solo stuff

www.grooveshark.com a music streaming site. free to listen, search out all kinds of music, such as mine. I uploaded my songs just to have somewhere else to tell people to go to listen to my stuff.

www.jango.com also a music streaming place. I uploaded my songs, again to have another place to make them available. Jango has some nice stats information to give you feedback.

www.tunecore.com of course, TuneCore, this is how you get your songs into the web stores. if you have quality music and really want to sell it, this is a place to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment